When to Call Mold Removal?
Mold can be a serious threat whether to a business or home. But it is sometimes inevitable to deal with molds especially if you got moisture trapped in ceilings, floors and walls. This is the main reason why properties in humid environments and rainy climates at the same are at higher risks of dealing with this problem. Spores are being released by molds which are what spreads in the walls of your home or business. When such thing happens, pets and people living in the house can breathe in these spores putting them in high risk of being sick.
The sicknesses caused by molds are hard to identify primarily because of the reason that it is very similar to common illnesses.
Early stages – well at the beginning, the illness may seem to be influenza, allergies or cold. If breathed in smaller doses, these spores are enough to act as irritants of the nose, throat, eyes and lungs. As a matter of fact, runny or itchy eyes, runny nose, clogged sinuses as well as coughing are all notorious symptoms of it. As you see, all these symptoms are general and non specific.
Next stages – say for example that you didn’t take any actions in dealing with this problem, then extended exposure to such can result to more serious symptoms. Such could be dizziness or headaches or occasionally experience weight loss or even hair loss. Typically, this is as a result of coughing up blood, fatigue, vomiting and diarrhea which makes it hard for the body to absorb nutrients. You might also experience skin rashes, sexual dysfunction, sores and memory loss. This is basically when you should do mold removal that can wonderfully done by professionals.
Later stages – after some time and you disregard hiring mold removal, you will start noticing the serious effects of mold. Some might be incurable because prolonged exposure could result to bleeding lungs, blindness, brain damage, cognitive impairments, cancer and even long term memory loss.
Solutions – remediation is the process called for doing mold removal. It’s called in such way as spores are virtually everywhere around the house and most of them are benign or low enough to be considered harmless. So don’t expect too much that it can be removed permanently from your property. What the remediation does is shrinking the volume of spores to a safe level.
What professionals will do here is pay a visit to your house and carry out an inspection to know the severity of the problem. Once done, they are going to physically remove the mold and isolate areas that are affected to avoid spores from spreading. Chemical agents are used as well to be able to kill molds while materials that are porous in nature can’t be salvaged.